Sunday, March 13, 2011

30 days and I See Results!

In the 30 days I've been doing the ChaLEAN Extreme, I have lost 12.75 combined inches. Five of that is just hip fat! This is a great program. I have to stress that this weightloss is almost exclusively from the weight-lifting portion of the program. I don't always do the aerobic portion and I have not modified my diet. I have a full-time job and two small children to feed. I am not making two meals a night. We always strive for nutritious options, but sometimes it's easier to make comfort food or a quick casserole.
I have no illusions that I am bikini ready. I'm posting these pictures because I see a big difference in a short month. I have realized another important thing. I can come to terms with these pictures because I know in my heart this is a temporary state. I am not mortified by the way I look. I am bolstered by the difference and can't wait to see where I'm going. My body is constantly improving.

I can't say enough about  the ChaLEAN Extreme program. The workouts are short 35 to 45 minutes. You do few reps 6-12 depending on the phase. You lift slowly. There are people demonstrating low impact modifications in every workout.  Chalene Johnson is so likable, you want to do it right. There is even a 60-year-old woman in most of the videos. SIXTY!. If she can do it, we can do it. This is a fantastic program for someone who is overweight or out of shape. My back is stronger. My legs are stronger. My posture is so improved I catch myself sitting upright in my desk chair most days. I feel good.

2 comments: