Sunday, February 6, 2011

ChaLEAN Extreme Day 1 review

I started day one of ChaLEAN Extreme today, and I think I made a really good choice. I was worried that at my age and fitness level, starting an extreme weight routine would be so hard I'd give up after a couple of days. Fortunately, all Beachbody products come with a 30-day money back guarantee, so I wasn't worried about another workout DVD on the shelf. I was really more worried about disappointing myself again.
First thing, the product seems to be of very high quality. There was a portfolio of DVD, two books, a resistance band and sculpting band. One book is about the workout and one is a diet/cookbook.
What strikes me the most about the program itself is how realistic and likable Chalene Johnson is. When she says, "you can do it," I want to believe her. She also says things like, "If you can only do one pushup, that's OK."  She's not a taskmaster. (Which is nice, because I could only do one pushup, and that was on my knees, not toes.)
The exercises were definitely challenging to do, but not too difficult. I felt like I was working hard, but not in a dangerous way. It also was not tedious. The moves work multiple muscle groups at the same time and you do 10-12 reps. The whole workout took only 35 minutes.
Another thing I loved was the rep and countdown timer. I always knew how long I had to go and what rep I was on, so I could concentrate on the moves and not count reps.
I won't be posting "before" pictures until I have some day-30 "after" pictures, but I will be posting weekly updates on the program.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kriss! I Love that BB has the banners for our blogs and websites. I followed you over from our RockStar group! I just started ChaLEAN yesterday and Blogging about it as well. Follow me!
    www.vivacious-dispositions.com blog title is Let's live healthE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry its www.vivacious-dispositions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete